We all know that 2020 was a year full of challenges, ups, and downs but foremost for all of us to realize how important it is to appreciate the small things in life like a touch of a loved one, to meet your parents, to spend quality time with your friends and the biggest thing and blessing to be ‘Alive‘. For many of us 2020 took away our loved ones, but as Jalaluddin Rumi rightly said
Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.
Every adversity brings an opportunity. My father taught me to see the positive in every difficult situation. I took up 2020 as an opportunity to explore different areas of my life. It had been an extremely busy year for me. Here is a recap of my takeaways from 2020 :-
- I am so thankful for the presence of a mother figure in my life. It’s been 1.5 years that I have not seen her, but we talk daily, talk on different topics and her advice and prayers are always so invaluable for me. I love you mama. Whatever I am today is just because of your and baba jaani(my dad) prayers.
- I nurtured my relationships more deeply. Ali Samar is such a figure in my life. From a best friend to someone I always think, how he would have approached some problem in his life. I am so thankful for the love of my sister Rish. Recent addition to my close circle is Jess Prasad. A colleague turned into a very close friend. I also want to mention my very close friend Shannon Donoghue. I am so very blessed by the presence of each one of you in my life. A glimpse of 2020 moments
- I used to be an Avid reader. Though from a couple of years, I was only reading books related to my work. 2020 gave me an opportunity to read alot of other books other than work. Few of other books and Authors I enjoyed reading in 2020 are as given below :
- Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- The Archer – Paulo Coelho
- Thinking Fast and Slow – Daniel Kahneman
- The Zahir – Paulo Coelho
- How to create Tech Products Customers Love – Marty Cagan
- NoreWegian Wood – Murakami
- Men Without Women – Murakami
- Beautiful Chaos – Robert M Drake
- The Secret – Rhonda Bryne
- From The back of the Napkin – Dan Roam
- Flawless Consulting – Peter Block
- I was able to adopt a healthy life style by incorporating a workout routine 3 times in a week and switching to a low carb diet. I always loved boxing and was able to learn basic boxing during the lockdown.
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within. ~ Jalaluddin Rumi
- Music has always been my passion. In the year 2020, I was finally able to take up Guitar lessons. I learnt strumming patterns, riffs, songs, and different chords. I have a collection of two guitars now and plan to get a third one (Acoustic) by end of January 2021 🙂 Some of the riffs I extremely enjoyed practicing are :-
- Seven Nation Army
- Mission Impossible Theme
- Peter Gun Theme
- In my Life by Beatles
- Sunshine of your love
- Come as you are
- Born in the USA
- At the beginning of 2020, I upgraded my professional skills and learned Front End Development. Later in 2020, I was able to combine my core expertise of delivery and Product for my projects at my current client. I was fortunate enough to collaborate on a couple of PST Trainings virtually with Dave Pryce, which were fun and fulfilling. I ended up making some really meaningful connections with my fellow colleagues. Taylor wood, Peter Harris, Alanah Rowe, Marco Vetter, Daniel De Sousa, Jill Smith. I was truly grateful to have such a wonderful team.
The way you learn is what you learn. #selfmusing
- October 2020, I gave up Facebook as a Social media platform and started my Instagram handle. I have found the community to be extremely positive and engaging. It was my goal to gain 100+ organic followers based on content and interaction within three months.
Like the shadow I am and I am not. ~ Jalaludin Rumi
- By the end of October 2020, I successfully launched my blog “Insprove” which I plan to grow further into an amazing tech and product management blog in the year 2021.
“We are 93 million miles from the sun. 238 thousand miles from the moon. A moment from finding magic and one kiss away from reaching our dreams.”
- I ended the year 2020 with a bang by facing my biggest fear, of heights. I promised to enter 2021 with courage and partially eliminating this fear. I wish everyone a fearless 2021. Take risks, make your dreams happen, and feel the beauty of the lord everywhere. There is beautiful learning from the book Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. He writes
Fear of suffering is worse than the fear itself. ~ Alchemist
This quote triggered in me the desire to face this fear. I was able to successfully complete parasailing on 31st December 2020.
Overall, 2020 was a year of achievements and reform for me. I will always be thankful to God for all the blessings he showered me with. I would like to summarise my year 2020 with a quote
“You are only as free as you think you are and freedom will always be as real as you believe it to be.” ~ Beautiful Chaos
I am looking forward to making 2021, an even more meaningful year for me and tick off more dreams on my bucket list.
Wishing all of you a very happy Newyear.
Sending love and positive vibes to everyone across the globe.
Signing off. xoxo